Post-doc in all aspects of Citizen Trust in the Digital World
We are seeking a post-doctoral research fellow for the LUE-funded impact project “DigiTrust” at the University of Lorraine, France. The position is fixed-term for 2 years and concerns all the aspects of citizen trust in the digital world.
This position is opened to excellent candidates with some experience in one of the following areas of DigiTrust:
• Security of Cyberphysical Systems and Cyberfactories
• Trust and Security in Digital Objects (cryptographic primitives, malware)
• Trust and Security in Digital Services (Trust in data sharing for social and collaborative systems, Trust-aware social sharing systems)
• Protocols for Secure Networks and e-Democracy (formal methods, electronic voting, usability, acceptability)
• Network Monitoring, Configuration, and Security Analysis (constitution and release of new datasets of network attacks, methods to detect those attacks and the associated counter-measures to mitigate them, new security components as virtualized network functions)
• Citizen Trust and Social Networks (algorithm transparency, recommendation systems, privacy protection in social networks, trust and confidence, risk perception, ethics)
The position will take place in one of the research units participating to DigiTrust:
• CRAN (Research Center for Automatic Control of Nancy),
• IECL (Institut Elie Cartan de Lorraine), a research unit devoted to pure and applied mathematics in one of the following teams: Probabilities and Statistics Team, Analysis and Number Theory Team.
• LORIA (Laboratoire Lorrain en Informatique et ses Applications), in one of the following teams: Caramba, Carbone, Coast, Kiwi, Orpailleur, Pesto, Simbiot, Resist, VeriDis.
• BETA (The Bureau of Theoretical and Applied Economics),
• IRENEE (Institut de Recherches sur l’Evolution de la Nation et de l’Etat)
• 2LPN (Psychology and Neuroscience Lab of the Dynamics of Behavior)
Further details of the project are available here: http://lue.univ-lorraine.fr/fr/article/digitrust
The appointment will be full-time (38 hours per week) for a period of 2 years. The salary is in accordance with the French university regulations for academic personnel and will be of €2,200 before tax per month based on a full-time appointment. A own budget for operating expenses and equipment will also be provided.
The post holder will benefit from the research environment provided by the Université de Lorraine and of one of its research unit involved in the DigiTrust project. All those research units have an international recognition in their lead domains: Automatic Control, Pure and Applied Mathematics, Computer Sciences, Theoretical and Applied Economics, Laws and Psychology and Neuroscience.
Starting date: April 1st 2019 or as agreed.
Applications should be submitted no later than January, the 5th 2019.
Summary of the position:
Full time temporary position for 24 months
Gross Salary: 2200 €/Month (depending on previous experiences)
-) PhD in one of the previous field.
-) Dynamic, enthusiastic and autonomous character.
-) Excellent communication skills.
To apply: Interested applicants are requested to send a detailed letter describing their motivation and competences, a complete and up to date Curriculum Vitae, a list of publications, addresses of
3 potential references, and a summary of their PhD thesis (2 pages max).
Applications and informal queries should be sent by email to Pr Marine Minier, firstname.lastname@example.org